Call for Candidates Submission Deadline: 11:59 p.m. EST, August 4, 2017
The New England OAUG (NEOAUG) invites you to join four (4) of your fellow colleagues and contemporaries to represent a collective membership of over 2,600 professionals dedicated to promoting, shaping and leading the future of Oracle Applications. As an NEOAUG Board Member, you join a dedicated team of professional users working together to:
- Help promote the ideals and activities of the NEOAUG
- Enable communication with Oracle Corporation on direction and strategy
- Share information and experiences among users, managers, and IT professionals
- Be a conduit for recommended enhancements to Oracle products or processes
- Provide feedback to Oracle from the user community
- Facilitate training and education among the user community
- Provide access to the larger community of organizations and companies that provide products and services to Oracle Customers
- Provide representation for the NEOAUG at national and local events
The Call for Candidates
The NEOAUG is seeking three (3) talented, diligent, resourceful and dedicated professionals to help lead our association. Each board member will be elected for a two-year term,and will join four (4) other current board members who will be serving their remaining terms. To ensure continuity of NEOAUG direction and strategy, we do not replace our entire board membership at the same time. Rather, each year a portion of the board is re-elected. Regular participation in monthly conference calls is required, and potentially more frequent meetings leading up to key events. This averages to approximately 8-10 volunteer hours per month and is essential for the board to function properly and to be successful in all of its endeavors.
As a board member, one needs to support and promote the NEOAUG and OAUG goals by taking an enthusiastic role in the activities that help continually provide value to the Oracle Applications user community. Delivering a presentation at OAUG annual conferences, assisting with membership and awareness campaigns, writing an article for electronic-based newsletters, mentoring new members and encouraging other users to participate in NEOAUG are just a few ways that board members can display leadership to the greater OAUG membership and contribute to the user group's growth and success.
If you would like to help shape the future direction of the NEOAUG, please include the following information in an e-mail or Word document and submit the document via e-mail to Geo/SIG Manager, Janelle Daniels at , no later than 11:59 p.m. EST on August 4, 2017.
- Email Address:
- Contact Phone:
- Candidate Biography: (250 words or less)
Please reference "NEOAUG BOD Election Nomination" in your e-mail subject line. You or your company must be a member of OAUG to hold a position on the NEOAUG Board of Directors.
Candidate biographies are limited to a total of 250 words or fewer. We encourage the use of bulleted lists within your biographical submission to assist the voting members during their review of the ballot. The inclusion of a photograph with your submission is optional, but recommended.
Please include in your biography:
- Why you are running for the NEOAUG Board of Directors and what you can contribute to the organization
- A description of your leadership and strategic planning skills
- Previous volunteer contributions to the OAUG or other user groups
To ensure fairness, the OAUG Geo/SIG Manager will assist with the election process by distributing the Call for Candidates, verifying candidates meet the group's eligibility requirements, distributing the Ballot, verifying validity of Ballots received (based onNEOAUG voting eligibility requirements), tabulating and communicating the election results to the Board and membership. At no time will anyone, other than the OAUG Geo/SIG Manager, have access to the returned ballots/votes. All communications related to the elections between any Board member and the OAUG Geo/SIG Manager must copy all Board members.
In the event of a tie, the OAUG Geo/SIG Manager will notify the current Board members of the names of the tied candidates. Then, the Board will vote to break the tie. The OAUG Geo/SIG Manager will administer and tally this vote, as well. Once the winners are determined, the OAUG Geo/SIG Manager will provide an official communication announcing the election results, which will be broadcast to the membership by the Chair.
Only NEOAUG members in good standing are eligible to vote. Employees of Oracle Corporation are not eligible to vote.
- Elections are for individual volunteers, not the companies that employ them. The person elected will be a board member. It is recommended that individuals seek employer approval to run before submission as a candidate.
- Elections are held annually. Board member terms are for two (2) years. The terms are staggered for continuity, so either two (2) or three (3) Board members are up for re-election any given year. The board members with ending terms are announced at election time.
- In order to help maintain an independent forum, Oracle employees are not eligible for board membership, (but the board does work closely with several Oracle Employees).
- While the Companies are not elected, candidates, or the company they are employed with, must be OAUG members in good standing to be elected.
- Only OAUG members in good standing are eligible to vote. For company memberships, only the key contact at each company in the region has voting privileges.
- If several employees of a member company complete the voting process, only the vote of the Key Contact will be tallied in the results as the single vote for that member company. In the event that the Key Contact of a member company does not cast a vote, the Candidate with the majority of votes from employees of the member company will receive the single vote for that member company.
- Call for Candidates submission deadline is 11:59pm EST August 4, 2017
- Elections will end at 11:59pm EST August 21, 2017. The OAUG will tally all votes and provide information about the newly elected board members.
- If a top three vote recipient's company is already represented on the Board, then the position will go to the next highest vote recipient.
We look forward to receiving your response. Please contact Janelle Daniels, Geo/SIG Manager at , or404.789.3167 if you have any questions.
New England OAUG and OAUG